Minister Ongkili stated, “Green Growth is in our Nature and, as a leading emerging market for Future Energy, we will use our experience and expertise to showcase the opportunities for the world to create a Green Future with Malaysia.”
Anchored by Malaysia’s Pavilion, Minister Ongkili continued that, “Malaysia at EXPO 2017 is a platform for all Ministries and businesses to build new opportunities, whether they are inbound investments to create new business activities in Malaysia or outbound sales to support the growth of proudly made Malaysian products and services.”
EXPO 2017 in ASTANA, KAZAKHSTAN follows 166 years of demonstrating science and technology innovations, including the locomotive at the first EXPO in 1851 in London, followed by other notable innovations such as the electric light bulb at EXPO 1889 Paris, the television at EXPO 1939 New York, the mobile phone at EXPO1964 Osaka and the touchscreen at EXPO 1982 Knoxville.
EXPO 2017 in ASTANA will be opened from June 10 June 2017 through Sept 10 2017 with over 100 countries demonstrating their FUTURE ENERGY plans along three common pathways aimed at:
- combating climate change and reducing CO2 emissions
- promoting energy alternatives – renewable energy in particular
- driving energy efficiency programmes, ensuring energy security, managing energy production, storage and use and guaranteeing universal access to sustainable energy
The Malaysia Pavilion location was carefully selected to interconnect between the China and India pavilions with many key elements of Malaysia’s success on display including:
- A warm, illuminating welcome from Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), Malaysia’s leading power utility company
- A walk through one of the world’s oldest rainforests in one of the most forested countries in the world
- An exploration of solar technology used and produced in Malaysia, demonstrating Malaysia’s solar panel manufacturing leadership
- Malaysia’s smart cities demonstrations
- Clean gas and its innovative uses
- An interactive experience of what it means to be Malaysia, Truly Asia
Minister Ongkili stated during the signing with TNB as the Title Sponsor to Malaysia at EXPO 2017, “Malaysians should be proud of our nation’s electricity provider. They have helped Malaysia become the world’s 8th best at providing electricity to businesses. TNB is also a founding Bursa Malaysia FTSE4Good ESG Index constituent. Their environmental, social and corporate governance practices are benchmarked against an elite group of the world’s best who have made the grade to qualify and be on the Index.”
Malaysia at EXPO 2017 is spearheaded by the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water and implemented by Malaysia Green Technology Corporation. Supporting Sponsors include: Gas Malaysia Berhad, Itramas Technology Sdn Bhd, Mudajaya Group Berhad, SPR Energy Sdn Bhd, Helios Photovoltaic Sdn Bhd, Gading Kencana Sdn Bhd and Julie’s.
Malaysia at EXPO 2017 Pavilion and the Business Centre will open its doors to the world on June 10, 2017.